Practice Manager Plus
From £44 per year
The practice management solution
that puts you in control
Want to work smarter, faster, be more organised and in complete control?
Integrating with your TaxCalc suite, Practice Manager Plus is the solution for managing compliance services in your practice. With advanced workflow, SimpleStep® checklists, deadline and task management, you’ll banish bottlenecks, identify inefficiencies and automate time-consuming tasks to boost productivity and up your game.
All from just £44 a user per year.
Streamline workflows and processes
Break down the stages of your work to increase visibility.
Build automatic triggers and transitions into your workflow.
Statutory deadline management
Manage tasks based on statutory deadlines.
Practice Manager Plus. Perfect for growing practices. Essential for larger ones.Buy now More features
See TaxCalc in action
Find out how TaxCalc can switch on your digital practice.
Start a free 14-day trial and see for yourself.
Try everything! See for yourself how easy TaxCalc is to use.Take a trial
No payment card required
Get a quote
Get a quote and see how much you could save.
Call us about your practice software needs.
Find out more about what TaxCalc can do for your practice.
Speak to our Sales Team
0345 5190 883
Working alongside Practice Manager, Practice Manager Plus gives you the
functionality of sophisticated PM systems for considerably less.
Practice Manager Plus
Advanced workflow and checklists
Power through jobs and tasks
Practice Manager Plus makes it easy to reorganise workflow, implement improved processes and keep tighter reins on job progress, freeing you up to grow your practice:
- Make sure you meet all statutory deadlines. Create templates based on key tax and accounting dates and apply them to multiple clients
- Create jobs and set up the tasks required to execute the job. Completing a tax return? Create it as a job, then set up the tasks required to complete the job efficiently
- Customise the workflow for each job. Set up templates with all the required tasks and reminders, so you and your staff can simply follow the same process time and time again
- Use a Template to start a Job and use any changes on recurrence (ideal for non TaxCalc work such as Payroll).
- Auto-populate dates from information already in TaxCalc.
- Save admin time by setting up automatic notifications for regularly recurring jobs, such as VAT or tax returns
- Assign the job/tasks to specific members of staff/team or select Portfolio Manager/Custom User Role to auto assign to the correct user on job creation
- Identify bottlenecks and remove them. Assign multiple staff members for different jobs to keep the job moving through your practice
- Customise tasks with automation so you don't have to manually update them - for example, when submitting a set of accounts automatically change the job/task status to complete or notify another user of the change.
- For simple workflows or processes create SimpleStep® checklists to make sure no steps are missed
Get the complete picture
With Practice Manager Plus, you are in command of all you survey.
- Gain an overview of all activity and information in one handy snapshot
- Organise information in whatever way you want
- Set up different dashboards to monitor particular functions
- Share with different users in the practice.
- Set up different dashboards to monitor particular functions for personal use
- Maintain tight control over specific workloads.
- Display and share information with all staff
- Ensure consistency across your practice.
- Filter your dashboard widgets by user, team, portfolio manager, custom user role, activity type, date or Office.
Flexibility comes built-in
Some members of your staff may be based in different offices. They may work in more than one office. They may need to collaborate on jobs between offices. Another great asset of Practice Manager Plus is that it effortlessly manages staff, clients and jobs across multiple offices.
- Create separate bank details and filing credentials for different offices within the same firm for easier administration
- Assign users to multiple offices, so you can cater for staff who work from more than one office
- Assign clients to a certain office
- Restrict the clients that a user can see to those for a particular office by adding dynamic client restrictions against the user record.
TaxCalc is optimised to work on the specified versions of the operating systems listed below and all software releases are tested on them. An internet connection is required to receive updates and use certain parts of the software (e.g. file online to HMRC).
Mobile devices, tablets and Chromebooks are not currently supported.
Microsoft Windows (64-bit)
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows 11
- Windows 10 (All versions)
- Windows 8.1
Information about hosted desktop environments.
Standalone / Client installation
Microsoft Windows (64-bit)
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
Apple Mac (64-bit only)
- 13.00 Ventura
- 12.00 Monterey
- 11.00 Big Sur
Linux (64-bit Kernel)
- 3.10 or higher, Debian (e.g. Ubuntu) or Redhat based distributions
- Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Office productivity software (export to Word / Excel)
Practice Manager Plus videos
Take a few minutes to familiarise yourself with Practice Manager Plus
to see the full benefit it could bring to your practice.
Creating a dashboard
Set up a dashboard in TaxCalc to display your key metrics.
Setting up job templates
Configure your workflow with custom or default templates.
Starting a job for a client
Start a job for a client from your workflow.
How to set up multiple offices
Set up and define the various offices you and your team work from.
Frequently asked questions
Below you'll find answers to questions you may have about Practice Manager Plus.
If you'd like to know more, please call us on 0345 5190 883 or email email@example.com.
Getting started with Practice Manager Plus
Create, customise and co-ordinate all of your work in just a few simple steps.
What does Practice Manager Plus include?
Practice Manager Plus provides additional workflow tools to automate and manage your practice. Please see our feature comparison to see the enhancements it provides.
Can I buy Practice Manager Plus on its own?
What do I have to do to get set up and start using Practice Manager Plus?
Please see our getting started guide for Practice Manager Plus.
How many users can use Practice Manager Plus?
Practice Manager Plus is licenced on a per user/per year basis, so you need to purchase the number of users that will use the software. Please see our Versions and Prices page.
Where has Client Hub gone?
Client Hub has been renamed to Practice Manager. All of the functionality you are familiar with still exists. You’ll even find some useful additions.
If I stop using Practice Manager Plus, will my Jobs still be available?
Once your licence has expired, you’ll still be able to access and progress any open Jobs up to completion. However, it will not be possible to create or activate any new Jobs. You can create or activate a corresponding standalone Task for the same type of work to use our standard Practice Manager functionality.
What type of Jobs can I create?
You can create Jobs for almost anything you need to track progress on. To create a Job, simply select from a customisable list of client and non-client activities. For common Jobs, you can apply a Job template or just create ad-hoc Jobs that may need to change over time.
To get you started, we‘ve provided several templates that set workflows for key jobs. You can also construct your own templates, letting you work exactly as you need to.
What is the difference between a Job and a Task?
Jobs are only available within Practice Manager Plus and contain baskets of tasks that act as stages of the Job, ideal for transitioning through a workflow. For example, a tax return is a job and can contain tasks such as requesting tax return information from the client, receiving tax information, preparing the tax return and submitting the tax return to HMRC. Having separate tasks allows you to manage and report on the progress of your work more accurately and effectively.
Where a staged approach is not required, standalone Tasks can be created. Tasks have an assignee and a status and can be used for an item of work e.g. a tax return or a meeting, they don’t have separate manageable stages though.