What Is Personal Data:
"Personal data" is data that can be used to identify you as an individual, and includes your name, mailing address, telephone number, credit card number and may include your email address. We collect your Personal Data through your purchase orders, product registrations or enquiries, as well as from third parties who have advised that they are authorised to share your personal data with us.
How Do We Use Personal Data:
Certain personal data is required for us to supply products and services that you have requested, carry out an agreement with you or take any steps that you have requested. Examples of additional required uses of your personal data include:
- Licensing software products via the internet. In these instances, any information collected in this process will be transmitted over a secure connection to our servers
- Updating you as to the status of your order
- Alerting you to important product revisions or updates to an ASP product/service you purchased
- Ensuring that you are properly registered to receive technical support
- In the event that you submit personal data by telephone, although ASP does not record calls, it may be monitored to:
- Provide evidence of your order or transaction with us
- Ensure that we comply with relevant regulatory procedures
- See that quality standards or targets are being met
- Protect the interests of national security
- Prevent or detect crime
- Investigate the unauthorised use of a telecommunications system
- Secure the effective operation of our telecommunications system
In addition to the above uses, we may also use your personal data for the following additional purposes and direct marketing ("Additional Purposes") where you have given us appropriate permission:
- To tell you about special discounts on ASP products and services
- To advise you about new ASP products and services
- To advise you about offers from other companies that ASP feels may be of interest to you. (In these instances, ASP forwards the offer to you but does not share your personal data with these other companies.)
To help us improve our products and services and develop new ones, we may also create aggregate data that uses your personal data but in a manner that will not identify you as an individual. For example, we may look at your address to help identify the total number of users of a particular product in a geographic area. Aggregate data is not personal data, as it cannot be used to identify any particular individual.
In order that we can provide you with support on technical issues that you may encounter, we may collect information about your operating system and operating environment. However, this information on its own cannot be used to identify you as an individual.
Occasionally, we may invite you to participate in a survey or provide additional personal data that will enable us to better understand and serve your needs. Any information request marked as optional gives you the freedom to decide whether to respond. Please keep in mind that all information you provide may be used to personalise and improve our customer service operations.
In addition, you should be aware that there are very limited instances under law in which we may be required to disclose the personal data of our customers. If such an instance arises, we shall only release that personal data as required by law.
Use Of The ASP Web Site:
Here is how and why we use some common Web technologies to manage our Web sites, and to enable you to use certain ASP products and services:
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device, enabling online shopping carts, remembering choices you have made and so on. You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu. For a video about cookies visit www.google.co.uk/goodtoknow/data-on-the-web/cookies.
The cookies used on this website have been categorised based on the categories found in the ICC UK Cookie guide. A list of all the cookies used on this website by category is set out below.
Category 1: Strictly Necessary Cookies
- PHPSESSID – used as an index to record session data on our server (e.g. current order number)
Category 1 cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services like the shopping basket cannot be provided.
Category 3: Functionality Cookies
- login – holds customer’s email address (which is used as the login/account name)
Category 2 cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Our website does not use Category 2 (Performance) or Category 4 (Targeting or Advertising) Cookies.
If you do not accept these cookies and would like to purchase an ASP product or service, you may complete most transactions by calling us on 0845 5190 883.
Links to Non-ASP Web sites:
Protection of Personal Data:
All personal data is collected and stored in a secure manner and is used strictly in relation to this policy and your stated privacy preferences. We employ industry recognised security safeguards to protect personal data that you have provided to us from loss, misuse and unauthorised alteration. When you transmit information to us such as a credit card or bank account number through the ASP Web Site, we provide you access to our server that allows 128-bit encryption of that data as it travels across the Internet. However, under no circumstances, will ASP be responsible or liable for loss of privacy, disclosure of information, harm, damage or loss that may result from your transmission of any information to us in any medium.
- By Post
- Data Protection Administration
Acorah Software Products Limited
4 King Street Lane
- By E-Mail
Please be sure to include sufficient information for us to verify your identity, and locate your file (if applicable), and respond to your inquiry. You should also include your mailing address if you would like us to send you any written materials. ASP reserves the right to take reasonable steps to verify any requests for personal data it receives.